Spa Services & Balinese Beds at Night

JustAud

I've not seen much recently on the spa services and spa cuisine on board SDII. Can anyone give some recent (last 12 months) "reviews" on spa services and recommendations and if it's possible, with discipline, to still have good gourmet meals without gaining the 5-8 lbs!

Another question I've not seen fully addressed is "how/when do you make arrangements to sleep overnight on the Balinese beds" and "how difficult is it to get these reservations?" Tips?

Thanks to everyone that has helped with my upcoming trip, and Jim, love your detailed review (especially about Maria). Sounds like one of my grandmothers (Spanish, not Italian, but capable of the same sort of magic!)

--Audrey

Hi Audrey, We were on SeaDream II, Sept 4-15 to the Med. It was a great cruise. We used the Spa well and often. Both my husband and I had 5 massages (great) and a facial. I also had a manicure and pedicure.

You can't go wrong using the Spa, and if you are into excercise, the workout room looked very accommodating.

We didn't sleep out on the Balinese Beds, but I have read on these boards, to request the ones in the front of the ship on deck 6, not the ones that are near the smoke stakes on the top of the yacht.

If you haven't read my review of our cruise its on Sea Dream board. There are 5 parts, entitled something like Med Cruise, Sept 4.

Mary Lou

Hi Audrey, We were on SeaDream II, Sept 4-15 to the Med. It was a great cruise. We used the Spa well and often. Both my husband and I had 5 massages (great) and a facial. I also had a manicure and pedicure.

You can't go wrong using the Spa, and if you are into excercise, the workout room looked very accommodating.

We didn't sleep out on the Balinese Beds, but I have read on these boards, to request the ones in the front of the ship on deck 6, not the ones that are near the smoke stakes on the top of the yacht.

If you haven't read my review of our cruise its on Sea Dream board. There are 5 parts, entitled something like Med Cruise, Sept 4.

Mary Lou

There is only one in front and you have to reserve quickly! I slept in the ones on the back twice but only made it all the way through the night once. It is loud and can be smoky. But still great to lay out there under the stars - you can always go to your real bed later.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off SDII's TransAtlantic crossing. 11 nights without gaining weight. Didn't think it was possible and wouldn't get on the scale in the gym during the trip (we all blamed the erratic needle on the waves).

Just about every meal had a "spa" and/or "vegetarian" choice in each of the appetizer, soup, salad and entree categories. Many nights everyone at our table of 10 ordered at least one item from the spa menu. "To die for" shrimp stuffed spring rolls (not fried); hot shrimp soup; won ton soup; gazpacho; stir fried duck . . . .and I think caviar is calorie free - right? Many nights the spa menu was Thai based but without sauces. Lots of cilantro (my favorite) and peppers. Enjoy.

Archived