Holiday Inn Jacksonville I-95

bfkkbc

This is a super hotel!!! OMG!! I am here now awating tomorrow morning for our cruise!! they have a great package deal room shuttle and parking in their lot for your car for 119.00. Supper Deal!!!! Don't pass this up when sailing out of Jacksonville!!!:D

Thank you for your post! I hope your Cruise was great! We will be sailing on the Celebration on Dec 10. How far from the pier was the hotel? Do you by chance have the exit number? Any additional info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

HELLO OKIAMADDICTED,,

Just looking at my MapQuest directions

to the HOLIDAY INN....

Take the Duval Road

EXIT number is 363 towards Jax Airport

I have stayed here afew times...

I'll be staying 12/23.....

It is soooooooo easy to stay there and

ride the van to the port..........

The van will pick you up at the front

of the hotel........

And the van will be waiting for you at the

port to bring you back to the hotel.........

The drive 15 to 20 mins........

From the Hotel to the port...

Easy as pie,,,,,,,Let the van driver do the driving...

Have a great cruise...........

Barbara, Thank You for thr information on the Holiday Inn. I can't wait to go on the Celebration! Looks like you have been on it before. I hope you have a great trip too! Where in KY are you? We are near Cincinnati.

I hope you have a great cruise....

I am in CORBIN.........

Are you DRIVING????..75

We have one of the first KFC.........

If you have alittle time.......

It's a neat place to stop.........

It's ext-29,,,,,,,Also there is a Super Walmart..

The CELEBRATION is a nice little

ship,,,,I wish Carnival would leave her in Jax....

HAPPY CRUISING........

• 2 weeks later...

I usually stay at this hotel and do a park and fly when I fly to ports. It's a great hotel. Just be sure you request an inside hallway room as the cheaper outside rooms get a lot of noise from the interstate.

Because of various activities such as football games that take place in Jax sometimes this hotel is either full or approaching the $300 mark.

I had searched trip advisor as well as these boards for an alternative for Jan 1st when I need to fly to Miami to catch Brilliance of the Seas. I had read several reviews for Jacksonville Plaza Hotel which is across the street from the Holiday Inn. Reviews were mixed. Some good some very bad. I was at the Jax airport this week dropping off cruise friends and decided to go see for myself.

Around noon I went to the hotel, told them my concerns about the mixed reviews and asked to see a room. They were very gracious and gave me keys to two rooms on the first floor. They told me that as of Jan 1 the entire hotel will be smoke free. I walked the hallways, went into both rooms and checked out the breakfast area. Everything was clean and I smelled no smoke (this was one of the complaints).

This is what I found:

Rooms were spartan but very clean.

They had LCD flat screen TV's with cable

Beds were firm but not rock hard and linens were mid range

There were extra pillows on every bed

The breakfast area was very small and I saw no seating area (looks like you get your food and take it to your room), coffee, juice, sweet rolls, etc

There was construction behind the hotel but the desk clerk said they quit at 4 and started around 8. Not a big deal if you are checking in mid afternoon and leaving in the morning

It's not the Ritz or even the Wyndham but it is clean, has fairly new furnishings and a well kept exterior. The desk clerks were friendly and glad to answer my questions. The map on the desk (free for the taking) listed several restaurants that will deliver. They have a free airport shuttle. For the price (I booked it on buyreservations.com for $66 which included 14 days of free parking, on their own site it's $89) it's good for a pre-flight or pre-cruise night and free parking.

I'm using it for my Jan 1st pre-flight and will keep it in mind when the Holiday Inn is booked or over priced.

I usually stay at this hotel and do a park and fly when I fly to ports. It's a great hotel. Just be sure you request an inside hallway room as the cheaper outside rooms get a lot of noise from the interstate.

Because of various activities such as football games that take place in Jax sometimes this hotel is either full or approaching the $300 mark.

I had searched trip advisor as well as these boards for an alternative for Jan 1st when I need to fly to Miami to catch Brilliance of the Seas. I had read several reviews for Jacksonville Plaza Hotel which is across the street from the Holiday Inn. Reviews were mixed. Some good some very bad. I was at the Jax airport this week dropping off cruise friends and decided to go see for myself.

Around noon I went to the hotel, told them my concerns about the mixed reviews and asked to see a room. They were very gracious and gave me keys to two rooms on the first floor. They told me that as of Jan 1 the entire hotel will be smoke free. I walked the hallways, went into both rooms and checked out the breakfast area. Everything was clean and I smelled no smoke (this was one of the complaints).

This is what I found:

The breakfast area was very small and I saw no seating area (looks like you get your food and take it to your room), coffee, juice, sweet rolls, etc

There was construction behind the hotel but the desk clerk said they quit at 4 and started around 8. Not a big deal if you are checking in mid afternoon and leaving in the morning

It's not the Ritz or even the Wyndham but it is clean, has fairly new furnishings and a well kept exterior. The desk clerks were friendly and glad to answer my questions. The map on the desk (free for the taking) listed several restaurants that will deliver. They have a free airport shuttle. For the price (I booked it on buyreservations.com for $66 which included 14 days of free parking, on their own site it's $89) it's good for a pre-flight or pre-cruise night and free parking.

I'm using it for my Jan 1st pre-flight and will keep it in mind when the Holiday Inn is booked or over priced.

Sounds like a gooood deal,,,,,,,,,,,,,

This is what I found:

Just wondering how much was their service fee??

• 2 weeks later...

Archived