Signature Sailings (2005)

jazzsea

Are you looking for an all-inclusive package when sailing? Windstar has taken 10 sailings and included the following in the cost of the cruise fare: soft drinks, bottled water and beer; house wine with lunch and dinner; a liter bottle of liquor for private use in your stateroom; and a shoreside event.

Caribbean - Wind Spirit (St. Thomas - St. Thomas) 7 Day December 10, 2005

Caribbean - Wind Surf (Barbados - Barbados) 10 Day December 18, 2005

Costa Rica- Panama Canal - Wind Star (Puerto Caldera- Puerto Caldera) 7 Day March 12, 2005

Mayan Riviera - Wind Spirit (Cozumel - Cozumel) 7 Day March 20, 2005

Europe - Wind Surf (Istanbul - Athens) 7 Day May 28, 2005;

(Athens - Istanbul) 7 Day October 8, 2005;

(Rome - Barcelona) 7 Day October 29, 2005

Europe - Wind Star (Athens - Rome) 7 Day June 25, 2005

(Rome - Barcelona) 7 Day August 27, 2005

Europe - Wind Surf (Nice - Rome) 7 Day July 17, 2005

http://www.windstarcruises.com

25% discount on most sailing

20% discount on Signature sailings

Windstar Alumni (Foremast Club) receive an additiona 10% discount.

All offers are valid until October 31, 2004.

SEE YOU TA TODAY!

Hi Carol. Thanks for your nice note on our posting. November is a while from now, but we will try to post a review.

It sounds as if Windstar is testing the waters to see if they should become a true luxury line such as Radisson, Silversea or Seabourn. Right now, they have luxury itineraries and luxury food; but they still have some aspects of "nickle and diming" that are present on larger cruise lines.

None of these 2005 dates is possible for us: my possible vacation times next year are limited to early June and mid-November. (In any event, we wouldn't rebook Windstar until we've tried it this November, which is after the 10/31 deadline.) Nonetheless, I hope the program is a success, so that we can go "all inclusive" in 2006. Joe

I'm hoping that the response to these Signature Sailings in very high. I might mean that Windstar will go the luxury route. Works for me.

I can't find one of them that we can do either. We're taking the Maasdam for 35 days in July (Boston - Rotterdam - Boston). I won't be able to take off more time, I don't think. I always try to do b2b windstar 7 days sailings as one week is just not enough.

Can't wait to read your review. We were in the Med in November 2 years ago and most of the time the weather was great. It was rainy in Venice but clear and nice after that. (Radisson Mariner)

• 2 months later...

Hi Jazzsea,

thanks for the info on the Signature Voyages next year, and the free drinks. Do you happen to know if windstar are also including this on the remaining 2004 Signature cruises as I'm booked on the Nov 26 cruise in Tahiti!

Many thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Corbes, Looks like you aren't getting an answer to your question. Once you go, I hope you will post the answer. Now that they have the new, much improved Windstar website, I've noticed that my Windsurf December 12 sailing is also a Signature cruise. It's hard to believe that I didn't even know that when I booked it. I've gotten my cruise documents and I don't think they mention that it is a signature voyage. Now that I've noticed it on the website I'll have to look at them again.

• 1 month later...

We're booked for the Belize trip (our first Signature Cruise), but are wondering about the free booze-in-room. Has anybody information on how this works?

Being the bring-it-aboard-with-us type family, we're all interested in who selects what's provided in the room? Most of us would select Glenmorangie, if left up to us, but I doubt that's what we'll find.

Come April I'll try to post on this board our experiences with the Signature Cruise extras. Being devoted Windstar cruisers (all 14 in my family), I'm sure it will be nothing short of wonderful.

Archived