walk from Governers beach to town??

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:24 AM.
3 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
Were going to be in G/T next monday and was wondering if we took a cab from the port to governers beach for a few hours if we could walk from there into Cockburn for lunch, at I think it's called Waterside or something like that, would it be a far walk? and if anyone has ate or drank there is it a good place to kick back and enjoy atmosphere and view for a bit? do they have conch also? thanks so much
2 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
Hi:
My Sister In Law has been diving in Grand Turk before and she told me that is too far away (and hot) to walk to town, but you could take a taxi or rent a scooter outside the Cruise Center.

You probably meant "The Water's Edge", which is a restaurant that is currently closed but she recommended me "Turk's Head" as the best restaurant in town, although the view is better from "Ospreach Restaurant" or something like that.

I will be there next week, so I will be able to tell you more.

By the way, Do you know how much are the helicopter rides?
I have done it in Vegas and Grand Cayman and it's awesome. I will try to see some whales, since we will be there for the Humpback Whales Season and there is a good chance to see them from the air.

Enjoy your trip!
3 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
Its a shame about The Waters Edge being closed, do you know why? But o-well I will look for Turks Head for sure, is it in town also? I did not know it was whale season, now I'm more excited, thanks lol cant wait. Sorry I dont know about the helicoptor rides there, this will be our first time but that does sound like a blast.thank you so much for the reply and you enjoy your trip to, I'll toast you at the bar from the beach