Losing QE2 memorabilia

arizonagcs

#1 report.gif

post_old.gif Today, 08:15 PM

arizonagcs user_online.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_13620946", true);

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gifLosing our meorabillia from QE2

Seeing this thread is about cruise/ ship memorabillia I can't see that anyone is a collector of the original memorabila from the Cunard Queens?

T-bird & I have been collectors from long before ebay and the Titanic movie. Our collection also covers Canadian Pacific, which sailed in and out of Liverpool and a lot of coastal cruising companies ie David MacBryane. Liverpool and Wales, and the IMSPCo.

China, silverplate and some very intersting paper work - menues, daily events on board, travel posters are our main items.

Over the years our collecting, including dogs, cats & railwayana may seem to have got out of hand. The lastest aquasision has been the Yorkshire stone from a steam engine shed to build an extention!!!

The point I am leading to is as well as enjoying our collecting we are saving for the next generation the eveyday happenings of ship life in times gone by.

When she sails off into the sunset the QE2 takes with her our heritage in small artifacts as well as the ship itself.

Fortunatly, when we look at the items behind the glass display cabinets on the QE2 I as so pleased as we have so many of the same items to share with anyone who has a passion for maritime history.

Carol Marlo said that the public will be able to see the items once the ship is in Dubi- like that is easily accessible.

Before she is sold I only hope more people can lay claim to the paintings etc on board.

Margaret

Archived