Recommendations for novels set on cruise ships?

dalownerx3

This is sort of similar to the other novel thread but it there's a slight spin on it.

When I go to someplace different, I like to read a novel that is set in that area. For example, the first time I went to Hawaii, I read James Michener's "Hawaii" and Marcia Muller's "A Walk Through the Fire". When I went on a Alaskan cruise, I read his "Alaska" book. It's make me feel more involved in the book by being close where the action is taking place.

I was wondering if there were any good mysteries or thrillers set on cruise ships themselves since this time I plan on spending more time relaxing on the ship instead of running around and doing excursions. I don't think Michener wrote "Cruise Ship". :)

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I asked the same question before I went on my 2006 - or was it 2005 -

cruise, anyway I read "Death Cruise: Crime Stories on the Open Seas" by Lawrence Block. It is a collection of cruise mystery stories. I really enjoyed it. Also, "Cruising for Murder" by Susan Sussman, and "Decked" by Carol Higgins Clark. Hope this helps. Gotta find something to take to read on our May cruise. Can't Wait!

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back from a cruise and finished reading "Dressed to Keel" by Candy Calvert. It's a chick-lit mystery set on a cruise. The ship leaves New York City and stops in Halifax and Quebec City.

It's a cute book and I liked the way the author described all the different areas of the ship - the buffet at the Lido deck, the cucumber masks at the spa, and the infirmary. It's a quick read and fun read.

Archived