i got the vancouver marriot pinnacle for $50

dustyroad

wow, i cant beleive how easy that was. in about 5 minutes from start to finish i had this room with confirmation.on the spur of the moment i decided to gamble a little and give priceline a try for my one night stay may 10,2005. i never imagined that they would accept my first bid of $50. ( $67 total ). i called the hotel to ask for a non-smoking room with 2 beds and the girl put my request in the computer and i was confirmed and all set. i hope this is true when i get there for the 2 beds. this is a 4 star hotel 2 blocks from the water and near canada place. i am so happy.

i hope this helps others who are wondering whether to bid this early on priceline for your rooms next spring. good luck to all of you.

Congratulations. You got a good deal and a very nice hotel! We stayed at the Pinnacle for a couple nights this past spring and were very happy with it. The staff is one of the best we've ever dealt with.

ell :)

ell52

thanks. i am hoping this hotel is as great as they say. and ( not to be greedy ) i am hoping we get lucky and have a room that will have even a small look at the waterfront. and the quick shuttle bus service from seattle will drop us off right at the door. this cruise is getting better all the time.

can you tell me if you remember any great ( some what economical ) eating places near by. i have read that the one in the hotel is pretty pricey.

thanks for any info and i really do feel good about my great winning bid. :D

Most of the rooms have at least 'peak-a-boo' views of water and mountains. However, the BEST view rooms are those that end in xx19 (eg. 1119, 2019, etc.) - the higher, the better. If you smile and ask nicely, they just might accomodate you! :D

I live in the Vancouver area and just love to eat here. What kind of food do you like? Vancouver is known for its many ethnic (Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Italian, etc), seafood, and regional cuisine restaurants.

If you walk a few blocks up from the hotel to Robson Street, you'll find all kinds of restaurants at different price points.

ell :)

ell52

thanks for the room number info. and i will smile nice when i get there. by the time we get to the hotel and get settled in we will want to eat right away ( we will have been on a plane all day then on the quick shuttle from seattle ) so we might just end up eating there because it will be convenient. but im sure we will probably want sea food. then we want to take a nice leasurly walk for awhile to wind down. im sure we will go to the waterfront and take in the veiw. i loved your great city when i was there last sept before my first cruise. i cant wait to go back and see it again. thanks for the advice.

Archived