LAX or Long Beach Airport?

cannonball

I'm thinking about booking the Diamond Princess Mexican Riveria cruise for April. Would LAX or Long Beach be a better airport to fly in and out of? My only experience at LAX was not the best so I was hoping that LGB would be a better alternative.

Thanks!

long beach airport is a lot closer to the pier than LAX is. The port of Los Angeles is located in Long Beach, probably less than a 10 minute drive from Long Beach Airport. LAX is located about 25 miles northeast of the the port of Los Angeles. The traffic is bad and cab/shuttle fare is a lot to get down to Long Beach. The drawback of Long Beach airport is that not that many carriers operate out of Long Beach. If you live somewhere that Jet Blue flies to then consider Long Beach as Jet Blue is based out of Long Beach.

• 2 weeks later...
Cannonball:
If you are within driving distance of Dulles, Jet Blue has direct flights to Long Beach. We are cruising out of Los Angeles harbor(San Pedro) in Dec and will stay overnight at Dulles(Holiday Express or Inn). They keep our car and we stay there again on a late night return. Our out flight is like 6am and arrives in Long Beach about 9am west coast time.

Archived