Internet Cafe in Sitka, Juneau & Ketchikan?

CruzCween

A true internet cafe is Highliner Coffee Shop, next door to the fire station on Lake St. It's one block from Crescent Harbor or if you come in under the O'Connell Bridge, it is approximately four blocks north of the bridge. Any local can give you specific directions. Either way, it is an easy walk. Highliner also has the best coffee in Sitka, IMHO, and also has great pastries and light lunch stuff. If it's chilly, there will likely be a fire in the fireplace. I'd offer you my computer, but it'd be too far for you to walk to my home.

Internet service is also available in the downtown branch of the Post Office. It's on Lincoln Street, next door to Stereo North, which sits at the intersection of Lincoln and Lake. The intersection is one of two with a traffic light , in Sitka and next to the parking lot for Crescent Harbor/Centennial Hall. Google Maps for Sitka and narrow the field down to the third bar under the plus sign for all of this to become abundantly clear. Crescent harbor is the little body of water labeled Sitka Sound in the middle of this map. This is not Sitka Sound.

There may be other recently installed internet service available in Sitka of which I am not aware. Your best sources for this sort of info are the Sitka Tour bus (the ubiquitous blue and white repainted school buses all around town and down at the docks) drivers and the very friendly and knowledgeable folks at the Visitors and Convention Bureau desk in Centennial/Harrigan Hall. And do take in the Russian dance show there.

JAM

• 4 weeks later...

The Internet cafes are on the second floor of their buildings in Juneau and Ketchikan. Minimum purchase was 60 minutes for $6 last summer. However, if you did not use all the minutes in one port; you kept the card and it was usable in the next port. So-- I had two sessions-- one in Juneau and one in Ketchikan for a total of $6.

Archived