emergency contact number

KimtheCruiser

Maybe i'm just too tired or too excited or too something.....

I've searched all over the Carnival website for an emergency number to leave with my sister-in-law, with whom my 16yo son will be staying while we cruise. Seems like last time there was an emergency number available - through which someone could get an emergency message to us. All I can find tonight is the info on calling ship-to-shore for $9.95/minute.

If anyone has it handy - or could point me to the right place on the website - I'd appreciate it - and I'll have a DoD in your honor Saturday afternoon!

From the FAQ on Carnivals site:

Can I receive phone calls onboard?

Friends and family may call guests onboard via Maritime Telecommunications Network (MTN) Shore-to-Ship telephone service. The rate is $9.50 per minute from the United States; additional long distance charges may apply from outside the United States.

The caller needs to have available the ship name and the guest's name. The charges will be applied to the caller's credit card: MasterCard - Visa - American Express - The Discover Card - Diner's Club. 1-877 CCLSHIP (1-877-225-7447) from the U.S. 1-732-335-3284 from Canada and outside the U.S.

This is all I left with my parents and MIL for my boys last year. I ended up calling them just to check on the boys, but they never had to use it. (Thank God)

They should also be able to call you on your cell phone. Just do not pick up unless it is Someone you really want to talk to. It is more like $ 5.00 a minute. All Carnival ships are stem to stern wired for cellular at sea.

For checking up with home I use e-mail because it is so much cheaper.

Tom in Long Beach

Archived