Anyone been to Mayan Princess Resort?

lindslea

We have a Victor Bodden driver hired for the day and are planning on trying a daypass at the Mayan Princess Resort. I am wondering if someone who has been would comment on the place. And how was the snorkeling and the restaurant food? Thanks.

We have a Victor Bodden driver hired for the day and are planning on trying a daypass at the Mayan Princess Resort. I am wondering if someone who has been would comment on the place. And how was the snorkeling and the restaurant food? Thanks.

I was there last March, very clean, good food, lovely pool, clean beach. I did not find the snorkeling very good. Others have said if you walk to the left almost to the end of the beach ,it will be better. I went down quite a bit, but still not great snorkeling. But it was a lovely, beautiful experience.

enjoy

Sandy

we did not eat there but i think we paid something like 10.00 pp to use facilities.. you have to walk about a football field length down the beach to the most incredible snorkeling.. the reef is very close to shore....it is amazing.. you can also just go to fosters or bananarama for about 5.00 pp and they are a little closer to the snorkeling area..the snorkeling is in front of tabayana beach where the cruiseline have their excursion.. the chaise lounges there are for the ship's excursion but you can still use the beach and enter for snorkeling

I can't say enough about this place!! I did the discover scuba (not certified) if you ever want to try it the reef is amazing and is not very deep at all. They took me out on a large boat with just the dive instructor, a captain and a ton of fresh fruit!!! The dive instructor is from Arizona and is awesome. I saw a carnival dive/snorkel excursion go by in the water at what seemed like 20 MPH while he showed me every nook and cranny of the reef. I took 600 pictures and 10 minutes of video.

My wife was with me as well as two other couples we met on board and they had an absolutely great time at the pool, bar and restaurant!! We were redirected from Costa Maya due to hurricane Dean and I was disappointed when I found out but not after I saw the Mayan Princess. I would not trade the experience for the world now. The ride to and from the resort is awesome too!! You get to see some amazing views throughout the ride and make sure you have your driver stop at the mountain top picture pull off above the resort for a phot opportunity of a life time!!!

I get my Costa Maya stop next month and will be at the Maya Palms Resort which is nearly the same experience as the Mayan Princess but the owner is from Missouri instead of Arizona.

Mayan Princess

Archived