snorkeling on our own in Aruba

shagmo

Hi

I'm trying to piece together a lot of information I've gleaned from various posts in this forum. I figured I'd run it by you all (the experts) to see if I got it right.

We're sailing on the Rotterdam and will be in Aruba for some hours (noon to ten or something like that) in a couple of weeks (wow). We might like to do some snorkeling, but we do not want to book in advance. We have our own equipment and so would like to go if the spirit moves us.

I think I have read that the best places are Boca Catalina/Catalina Cove. And we can get there by bus, though we might get off the bus at the malmok stop. Does this seem right? If it isn't, is there a better choice?

And about how long a bus ride would it be?

Thanks.

I think I have read that the best places are Boca Catalina/Catalina Cove. And we can get there by bus, though we might get off the bus at the malmok stop. Does this seem right?

And about how long a bus ride would it be?

Thanks.

You have the correct info.

Bus will take about 20 - 30 minutes depending on the number of stops it has to make.

I was wondering the same question about taking a bus to snorkle on our own. We are traveling in Jan on Cent. Galaxy stopping at 7 different islands. This info help with trying to plan where we really need an excursion and where we can do our own thing.

Thanks and have a great week-end.

Aruba Watersports http://www.arubawatersportcenter.com/pricelist_WS.htm on Palm Beach rents snorkel gear, but if you are taking the bus up to Boca Catalina it would involve getting on and off the bus to stop and pick up the equipment.

You you follow through with this plan, Aruba Watersports is located on the beach between the Radisson and Occidental resorts.

Archived