I don't want to push the dress code, but...

MGC

I'm considering a Barcelona-Sevilla cruise for next fall. I don't have any problem with getting a little dressed up for dinner (I enjoy it), but I'm afraid my husband won't want to do much better than a sport shirt (and hopefully, I can get him out of jeans and at least into Dockers). We would also be doing another week touring Spain either pre-or post- cruise, so I really don't want to have a lot of extra luggage to tote around.

I've noticed several people indicate that the men wore a sport coat, and maybe tie, to dinner -- realistically, how many are really 'dressed' in the evening? On a big mainstream ship he wouldn't stick out, but with a small clientele, would he look really out of place?

It's his vacation too, so I don't want to force him into something that he's not happy or comfortable with, but at the same time, I would prefer to look like we belong there.

Thanks for your thoughts...

MGC,

We did Rome to Monte Carlo this year. Dinners are served either outside or inside. Outside is more casual with golf shirt and pants the norm. Inside is slightly dressier. I would say long sleeved shirt or jacket is acceptable. About half of the men had sport coats on inside. One man wore a tie...my husband. Definitely no jeans though.

I would suggest you pack three or more pairs of nice pants for your husband and change out the shirts. A sport coat wouldn't be a bad idea. Being underdressed can be a very uncomfortable feeling.

We are both in our mid 40's and loved the SD experience.

Archived