What to see in San Juan?

mswaz@hotmail.com

My wife & I will be on the Voyager on the cruise departing from Miami on 1/22/04.

We have been to San Juan, on a previous cruise and all we saw was the Old San Juan Shops. Can anyone make any suggestions on any of the tours that the Voyager offers. There aren't many here. We are in our 50's and my wife is not a beach person or snorkler. Has anyone been on the rainforest/Rum factory tour?;)

My hubby and I docked into PR last november (were still dreaming about it) and did the Bacardi Rum tour...We had a great time on this tour. We ended up waiting in line in the terminal for a lot longer than anticipated, so we were running late, but the tour guide (jose hermenez...i know i spelled that wrong) was so great that it made up for it. We were given 2 drink coupons for when we got there, and there was a long bar set up with different types of rums to try, straight and mixed. We took a short ride over on a golf cart trolley to another building and did a walk through informational tour, then back to the gift shop and more drinks if we wanted...I think they gave us more coupons but not a lot of people wanted them. We then went fast, and I mean fast ,through the city and to the fort, which by then we only had about 15 minutes until it closed, but it really seemed like enough time there, then back out to the tour bus...we were warned about timing, as the tour bus left at a certain time, whether you were on it or not; i think we left behind 2 couples. We then finished up the city tour part of it and were dropped off back at the port terminal. All in all it was one of the best times we had.

Through the many posts on this site we have chosen to hire a private guide. hey will help you build an itinerary around whatever time you have and whatever you would like to see. For us to go to the rainforest, get picked up at pur time of choosing, go to a secluded beach and to Loquillo beach is $75 each. The cattle car bus tour which does not go to a secluded beach, whose tour is 3 hrs shorter than ours, do es not stop where you want to stop or stay as long as you want to stay is $55. We are presently putting our itinerary together with Coqui P.I.E.

[url]http://www.coquipie.com/[/url]

We docked at Old San Juan last Saturday and took a 25 minute walk through Old San Juan to El Morro, a fort at the harbor entrance. Definitely worthwhile seeing. If you go to the water and walk up that way you walk near the wall coming off the fort, and have many good photo ops, including the gate to San Juan.

[quote name='Ginger08']My hubby and I docked into PR last november (were still dreaming about it) and did the Bacardi Rum tour...We had a great time on this tour. We ended up waiting in line in the terminal for a lot longer than anticipated, so we were running late, but the tour guide (jose hermenez...i know i spelled that wrong) was so great that it made up for it. We were given 2 drink coupons for when we got there, and there was a long bar set up with different types of rums to try, straight and mixed. We took a short ride over on a golf cart trolley to another building and did a walk through informational tour, then back to the gift shop and more drinks if we wanted...I think they gave us more coupons but not a lot of people wanted them. We then went fast, and I mean fast ,through the city and to the fort, which by then we only had about 15 minutes until it closed, but it really seemed like enough time there, then back out to the tour bus...we were warned about timing, as the tour bus left at a certain time, whether you were on it or not; i think we left behind 2 couples. We then finished up the city tour part of it and were dropped off back at the port terminal. All in all it was one of the best times we had.[/QUOTE]
Thanks so much. This should help!

Archived