QM2 Gym/Fitness Centre & Spa Passport

Runaways

We would appreciate information about how the gym is equipped on QM2. We know there are treadmills and free weights, but what other equipment is available? Is it true the indoor/spa pool is only available to spa clients, not general gym users. Is that also the case re saunas? I have heard a Spa Passport can be purchased and wonder what the cost is on a multi-day basis. We're doing a 2010 WC sector and will be on board for 6 weeks, so thanks to experienced Cunarders from a couple who love to eat - then try to avoid the consequences!!.

Runaways

I did a transatlantic journey on the Queen Mary and the area with the steam room and sauna did cost extra. I purchased a 5 day pass which costs $79 which was worth every penny as I love the relaxation of a good steam. Also there was a relaxation area where I would read a book or fall asleep.

We would appreciate information about how the gym is equipped on QM2. We know there are treadmills and free weights, but what other equipment is available? Is it true the indoor/spa pool is only available to spa clients, not general gym users. Is that also the case re saunas? I have heard a Spa Passport can be purchased and wonder what the cost is on a multi-day basis. We're doing a 2010 WC sector and will be on board for 6 weeks, so thanks to experienced Cunarders from a couple who love to eat - then try to avoid the consequences!!.

Runaways

Yes, it is true that the spa pool is only available to spa clients. That is also true for the saunas. If you are interested in a multi-day pass, I would go to the spa on the first or second day on board and try to negotiate a good price for a six week spa pass. If you are not sure how much you will use the spa pass, you might negotiate a price for a two or three week pass and then decide if you want to get another pass for the remainder of the voyage. In my opinion, the spa is the most relaxing place onboard the QM2.

How exciting that you will be on the ship for six weeks. Have a fabulous voyage.

Beth

Archived