Electronics on board

hungryhippo

Hi,

I was thinking of taking my laptop on my Pacific Jewel cruise in January so that I can upload photo's as I go, and make sure there is always room on my camera.

I was wondering if there are any 'rules' about taking electronics on board?

I have read heaps of boards on here, that indicate that I will need to take a power board due to there being only one power point in the cabin, so I am assuming this has Australian sockets that I can plug the laptop and all chargers in to?

I was thinking of taking my mobile phone as well, and I am assuming there won't be any reception, but it would be handy for the alarm clock, as I have read if you have an inside cabin (which I have) then generally you won't know when the sun is coming up

Definitely a great idea, bringing a laptop on board. I didnt last cruise, I was too nervous, but a friend did and I kept transferring everything from the camera and video camera to that, so I was able to take heaps more pics and footage - I'll definitely bring mine next cruise!! Just if you do, I'd take it on the ship with you in your hand luggage, not the suitcase, as the suitcases can get a bit banged around.

And I did the same with my phone - took it on and used it as an alarm clock. I also dont have a watch, so when I was out at the ports it was really handy to have as a clock.

You're allowed to bring both on board, just remember your power board!!

That is a great idea to take both the laptop and phone onboard. I too like to take lots of photos and upload them as I go, to ensure I don't run out of space on my camera!

I would recommend to take out travel insurance if you haven't already.

If you do have travel insurance, I would recommend to advise your insurer that you are taking the laptop to ensure they are happy to insure the full value of the laptop, especially if it is an expensive one! :)

I think there is satellite phone reception on the ships now but it is VERY expensive.

I hope so.

This is the 21st Century after all - lets hope P&O Australia sees it that way as well. :D

I had cause to use the service at sea a fair bit on the Oriana earlier this year and found pricing comparable to normal global roaming rates.

Hi,

I was thinking of taking my laptop on my Pacific Jewel cruise in January so that I can upload photo's as I go, and make sure there is always room on my camera.

I was wondering if there are any 'rules' about taking electronics on board?

I have read heaps of boards on here, that indicate that I will need to take a power board due to there being only one power point in the cabin, so I am assuming this has Australian sockets that I can plug the laptop and all chargers in to?

I was thinking of taking my mobile phone as well, and I am assuming there won't be any reception, but it would be handy for the alarm clock, as I have read if you have an inside cabin (which I have) then generally you won't know when the sun is coming up

if you go to this link it will answer a lot of your ? from P&O

http://pocruises.com.au/html/frequently-asked-questions.cfm

Archived