A Question For Greg In Charlotte

Hello from a fellow Charlottean

Greg, let me apoligize in advance if you have already answered these questions...I don't think I saw this info. What time did you and your crew arrive and get in line to park. Any advise as to time? Did you drive down the night before? I haven't driven to Charleston in a few years...How long did it take? We're driving down the morning of our cruise. Thank you for posting such a positive and informative review. By the way, Our group (of 10) enjoyed your pictures and after seeing them some of us agreed that you, your wife and parents look REALLY familiar. In what part of the Queen City do you reside? Have you or your wife thought of anymore helpful hints or can you think of anything that you didn't take that could have proven useful? Do you want to go back on 01/08....join us.There is still a suite available!!!!

Sorry, I've been away.

We live in the Cottswold section of Charlotte but my parents live in Kentucky. We participate in several music groups in Charlotte. Any singers in your gang?

OK, driving. It takes about 3.5 hours from Charlotte. I can't imagine a simpler route than I77 South to I26 East all the way to downtown Charleston. We left Charlotte at 8am and still stopped for a leisurely breakfast. We got in line about 1pm.

People in these discussions seem to fuss too much about the line to board the ship. The first day was very relaxed for us. We were at dinner and someone said, "I think we're moving."... and we were underway.

Hi Greg...I was beginning to worry about you! Cotswold huh, I do frequent Marshall's, SteinMart and Starbucks! As for music, I love to sing in the shower, does that count? I do play handbells and I have a lovely voice:o if I do say so myself, but I'm the shy type that won't get up in front of a crowd. We were active with the Folk Music Society years ago. When we go out for music it's usually to NODA's Evening Muse or Neighborhood Theatre...Love that Americana.

We plan on leaving Charlotte Saturday morning at about 7:00, stopping in Ft. Mill to pick up fellow cruisers and we're on our way. Hopefully we'll get in town in time to hit the Market area before we board. I haven't been to Charleston in years and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm like you..."chill",we'll get there! Thanks again for the input.

Archived