Alcatraz Night Tour Tickets

bam59

I need your help, the one and only thing my wife wanted to do while in SF was to tour Alcatraz at night. Better late than never I went on line to purchase these tickets only to find out they are totally sold out. She told me several months ago to do this but I didn't listen and don't want to tell her that. We are arriving on 9/20 and would be available either that night (sunday) or Monday 9/21. Please help bail me out of this mess. I am looking for 4 tickets as we are traveling with another couple.

Thanks

Mike

I would just fess up and take the boat in the late afternoon. really, except for the night tour, you are buying a boat ride and the use of a audio headset with canned tour. you could plan to take a ranger led walk in the afternoon and catch the last boat back at 6:10 or whatever. you can spend as much time on the island as you want if you want to come earlier.

buy some books. I used to work on alcatraz- I would enjoy the main areas tourists can go--and there isn't much else other than crumbling buildings.

is there something specific she thinks she will see at night???? like the upstairs of the main cell block--the hospital rooms have a few old tubs. and that is it. the auditorium is just a small space with chairs. the rooms under the cellblock?? just brick rooms part of the brick building built by the army.

in the afternoon, you can enjoy the gardens and the view....just remember next time, sf is full of tourists year round and sept is prime season--esp weekends. go on a monday. february is a nice time to visit the island.

Archived