Spirit in Seattle Aug 2010? Which peir??

parrotthead

When I looked into an Alaskan cruise for next summer, I thought the pier was pier 91, the Smith Cove Pier in magnolia. But I am not certain on that.

The 2 piers are a couple miles apart. I think the Bell Street Pier is much more tourist friendly, located on the waterfront with the pike place market nearby & lots of places to eat, as well as the waterfront street car. I am hoping the magnolia area will become more cruise passenger friendly in time.

ahhh, ha.

AND,

I see you are local, can I ask you a few questions?

(I hope you said 'yes', cuz here they go)

;)

I was hoping it was the one that was on the waterfront.

Coming from Texas, there are some things I want to see/do.

(Like the CrabPot)

The 'other one' is the newer of the 2? is that correct>

Is there a Hilton near either one?

Will I need a cab to/from the Airport?

To/from the pier?

ahhh, ha.

AND,

I see you are local, can I ask you a few questions?

(I hope you said 'yes', cuz here they go)

;)

I was hoping it was the one that was on the waterfront.

Coming from Texas, there are some things I want to see/do.

(Like the CrabPot)

The 'other one' is the newer of the 2? is that correct>

Is there a Hilton near either one?

Will I need a cab to/from the Airport?

To/from the pier?

Always willing to try & answer questions, although your best bet will be to post these questions on the west coast ports board. There is a thread on Seattle, in particular, the questions are answered by a local travel agent who knows a heck of a lot more about hotels & such than I!

The Smith Cove Pier is the new one. It is located in a nicer residential area that has a few restaurants & shops, but as I recall nothing within walking distance. I am not up on the hiltons, I know there are some hotels in their chain like hampton inns that are located on lower queen anne / seattle center area that are ok. Within a few miles approximately. I think the marqueen in Queen Anne near the seattle center is a beautiful place to stay - much more character than a chain hotel. But that's just me. The edgewater is close to the Bell Street Pier, pricey but if you can get a deal on one of the bidding internet sites it would be a great location. You would need a taxi to get to the Smith Cove pier from there, but my guess is you would need a taxi to get there from any hotel.

Don't know exactly the cost of a taxi from the airport to the piers, or local hotels. I know for myself I will schedule a shuttle over a taxi, but I have further to travel than just airport to the heart of seattle.

Really, check out the west coast board and you will have lots of (far more) knowledgable help! :o I know seattle quite well but have not taken a cruise from here yet, so not a lot of help that way.

Archived