Roll Away?

Ocean Spirit

We booked on the Fantasy and the agent said we would have a roll away bed. We've sailed many times and never had a roll away, just a bed that was a upper berth or a bed that slid under the under bed. Have read that some have had "short" roll aways.... my son is 6'1

Has anyone had a roll away? Would you recommend I ask to change rooms.

We have used one for our 5'7 daughter. She said it was comfortable.

I think it will depend if you son sleeps straight out or on his side, curled up. If it is an option to more your room, it is better to be safe than sorry.

And, yes, we would use the roll away again, if needed.

My friend used the rollaway (she was 5'4) and said it was fine.. not comfy, just fine. The cabin steward will bring you an egg shell or you can even ask for more comforters to place under the sheet to make it softer. However, it wasn't very long and I wouldn't use it for someone the height of your son! Also, it took up so much room that we were always stubbing our toes, etc... Would this make me change my room? Depends on price and whether your son was a side-sleeper. Also, how much time do you spend in the room? If all of these questions aren't a problem, than use one. Otherwise I would think about changing rooms...

I was on the Fantasy last month with 4 other women in one cabin. The first night I slept on the roll away. That was the only night! It was very uncomfortable. I'm a side sleeper and I'm older (38) so that may have something to do with it. If your son is a teenager or younger it may not be an issue. I didn't know I could get an eggshell so I'm sure that would help a lot.

Archived