Balacony ? on Explorer

Ghost

We've never had a balcony on this class of ship and are looking into cruising on her in March or April. We would prefer a balcony that is partially covered (I'm very fair and can't take a lot of sun). What is a good balcony category and are any partially covered? Also, does balcony size vary much?

Thanks for any help!

Kathy

Kathy,

We were on the Explorer in March, on the 6th deck and on the starboard side. The balconey is mostly covered on 3 sides and has 2 sitting chairs and a small table big enough for drinks. The balconeys are not huge but ample enough. We had enough shade on it also, now that I think of it. You will love it. It is a beautiful ship.

Trishy

With RCI, all the balcony's are covered. RCI is not like Princess where some of the balcony's have no cover at all.

We were in a JS catagory on Explorer last November. The balcony for a JS is a little longer than a standard balcony but the width is about the same. If you'd like to see some of our pictures, which include the balcony, the link is in my signature. You may have to copy and paste it to get to our webshots page.

Archived