visa check card

We have used our check card to pay for our seapass account. The only thing to watch out for is the weeks total all hit on the last day so make sure you keep under your 1 day allowances.

Hope this helps

Rick

I used my Bank Of America Check card visa and had a seapass bill of over $700.00. With my card it only has a limit on how much cash I can get per day. the sea pass bill showes up as I was buying stuff and the only limit there is, is the amount of money in your account. but check with your bank to see what there limit is.

I would not use a check card on any vacation. The risk is way too high for fraud. Which can lead to someone stealing your identity. I have delt with stolen identity before and believe me, it is not something I wish even on my worst enemy. Use a credit card, much safer alternative.

You risk using it for your SeaPass account is less but unless your bank offers excellent fraud protection, suggest you never use it off the ship. Credit card fraud protection is guaranteed by law, debit and chek cards are NOT protected by law. It is up to each bank to offer that and many do not or have big loopholes.

We always use our check card and have never had a problem, even though our sea pass way exceeded our daily allowance on the day it hit the account. Just have fun, you are only limited by the money in your account. By the way, it didn't even come out of our account until about five days after our return.

offered more protection than Debit Cards. However, if you can believe that

Donald Trump commercial (where he is wading in the dumpster for his lost Visa debit)..apparently Visa debits offer similar protection from fraud as regular Credit Cards. I would still choose a credit card for use though. If someone gets a hold of your debit number...they are using YOUR money..and even if there is protection, I assume you would have to be reimbursed once it was all worked out. With a Credit Card...the robber is really using the Credit Card company's money, and the card owner is not liable for it.

Just a thought.

Mitch

i also thought my debit card was only limited by the money i had available in my account. imagine my surprise when i went to lowe's to buy two major appliances and when they rang up the purchase it was declined. the total was 2200. i hAD 30,000 IN THE ACCOUNT. SO I ARGUED WITH THE CASHIER, TOLD HER TO RUN IT AGAIN. when i got on the phone with the bank i was told there was a 2000 per day purchase limit unless i specifically told them i would be spending more on a given day. this limit is put in place by my bank to protect me from someone emptying my account if i should lose my card. i told them it was downright embarassing to get declined in front of all those other customers, especially when i knew i had more than enough funds. so, yes i would check with your bank about daily limits.

Archived