Golden - Cabin Location

cruisin0504

Forgive my lack of nautical terms, but we were on the Golden in August, and if you are facing the front of the ship, we were on the left. We were on the same side as the pier each time we docked. (Hey, is this the "port" side???) I especially liked it because you could stand on the balcony and watch the people coming and going.

Have a wonderful time - the Golden is a beautiful ship!:D

We were on the Golden Dec 12 Port (the left side-remember port and left both have 4 letters in them. If you are on a ship facing the front of the ship, port to your left-starboard to your right) Tendered in St. Lucia, Dock was on opposite side in St. Thomas, St. Martin and Antigua, don't remember in Barbados.

When we were on the Golden in Oct 2001, we were given a cabin on the starboard (right)side-A303! It was humongous, but I think it was really a handicapped room. It was right at the elevators and stairs-and easy up to the Lido Deck. We had originally booked a much lower,inside cabin, probably on the Plaza Deck(5) just to get the ship.Boy,were we flabberghasted and then spoiled by that upgrade.

Interestingly, the first cruise on the Sun, was on the Starboard side, with a big window.The two inside cabins we reserved subsequently, were on the inside, neither starboard or port-although, we were on the starboard side because we could see out the window from the cabin across from us.

We have always been mid-ship, except for a cruise in 2003 aboard a ship from a different line. That was an aft cabin, which I really enjoyed-for that time. Lynne

Archived