Amount of time needed to tender off the Star in Cabo

luv2getaway

We will be in Cabo San Lucas on Nov. 2nd and am looking into snorkeling trip options. We arrive at 11:00am and the tour that we are interested in leaves the marina at 12:00pm. Does this give us enough time to tender off the ship if we haven't booked a ship excursion?

i have been there 3 times on the STAR and its really hard to PLAN it...last time we were late getting off the ship to tender--probs with one of the tenders and that put us behind...ended up getting ONE of the bigger ones from CABO but EVERYTHING running late...we always have such a short time in CABO and then you factor in the TENDERING even LESS TIME...

wanted to do WHALE WATCH in CABO when we are there in dec (not thru the ship) and i didnt because of the TIME frame--in my experience with CABO you just cant COUNT on what time you can get off the ship:eek:

If you are booked in a suite (category AE and up on the Star) this will be plenty of time because you can use VIP tendering via the concierge and be among the first to tender off.

If you are not in a suite, I don't know for sure since you aren't booked on an excursion with NCL and would have to use the tender ticketing system. Someone else who has done that will have to answer.

That is kind of what I thought. Unfortunately, we are not even close to having a suite :p so will have to join the rest of the masses to get off the ship. I think that maybe it is best to not prebook a snorkeling trip but see what we can get once we are off the ship.

That is kind of what I thought. Unfortunately, we are not even close to having a suite :p so will have to join the rest of the masses to get off the ship. I think that maybe it is best to not prebook a snorkeling trip but see what we can get once we are off the ship.

If you are really anxious to get off, the line for tender tickets starts forming about 30 minutes before the announced time the tickets will be distributed. They usually call the numbers in hundreds, so if you get a number under 300, you will probably get off fairly fast.

They also normally use the double decker Cabo Tenders in addition to the ship's tenders,and it moves pretty fast unless there are problems.

You will see a lot of guys on the pier selling all sorts of tours, and the prices are normally reasonable. They will bargain if you think they are asking more than you want to pay.

Archived