Road to Hana

Twiz

We will be touring with Valley Isle Excursions as well. They were very friendly and helpful...both by e-mail and on the phone. And quick to reply as you noted. I especially liked reading about the size and comfort of their vans, the delicious lunch they provide, and the large amount of site-seeing stops that they make. I think we will have an enjoyable time!

i'm not having too much luck with a tour on the road to HANA - I guess it's because we are not arriving on Rhapsody of the Seas until 11am and we depart at 10pm...i've had replies back from both the tour groups mentioned in the posts above, but, they both really haven't been able to offer me anything.

can someone please give me some suggestions for what to do during those hours we'll be in Maui (tendering into Lahaina at 11am- departing at 10pm)

hiring a car for ourselves is not an option..

thanks

marilyn

i'm not having too much luck with a tour on the road to HANA - I guess it's because we are not arriving on Rhapsody of the Seas until 11am and we depart at 10pm...i've had replies back from both the tour groups mentioned in the posts above, but, they both really haven't been able to offer me anything.

can someone please give me some suggestions for what to do during those hours we'll be in Maui (tendering into Lahaina at 11am- departing at 10pm)

hiring a car for ourselves is not an option..

thanks

marilyn

Travelling from Lahaina to the Hana highway will probably take 45 minutes to an hour. The drive along Hana is slow, and the road is narrow & windy. You definitely don't want to be driving in the dark, and I don't expect tour operator either.

When we did the Hana highway 2 yrs ago, we started out around 9:30-10am at Kahului Habour.

Travelling from Lahaina to the Hana highway will probably take 45 minutes to an hour. The drive along Hana is slow, and the road is narrow & windy. You definitely don't want to be driving in the dark, and I don't expect tour operator either.

When we did the Hana highway 2 yrs ago, we started out around 9:30-10am at Kahului Habour.

yes, i understand....which is why i'm asking for some other suggestions for the day we're in Lahaina

but thank you anyway.

Check dates that are currently in there for your ship. They are posted for sailings up through March or April I believe. It will give you a good idea of what will be available for you. Just make sure that the days and islands for the one that you choose to look at match up to the ones for your cruise. They probably will, but for POA, there are a few cruises that have a slightly different itinerary.

it showed our cruise, and the full itinerary and dates, but, no entries for tours except in Oahu (at the end of the cruise)

maybe it's just a little too early- I'll check back regularly and thank you for the link anyway- it's a great link to have.

marilyn

Archived