Jolly Pirates and young kids

feenix

We are considering a Jolly Pirates tour for our next trip. My main question is whether the pirates actually would be using any inappropriate language with kids around. I know lots of kids go on the tours, and they look like great fun. Our kids just aren't accustomed to hearing curse words or other 'bad words', and we don't know what to expect. Thanks!

Imo, and it is just that, the crew would not be a problem, however, neither they or the owner have control over other people's mouths. :(

We took the excursion with a 12, 11 and 8 yo and they had the time of their lives. :)

Though alcohol is served this is a family type experience, owned and operated by a "mom and pop" which a young son of their own.

Thanks for the reply - I was starting to wonder why no one would answer. :confused: I can imagine the passengers do get a bit rowdy, but I don't think that will spoil the fun for us. I visited their website and have seen some of the youtube spots, and it just looks like lots of fun!

• 3 weeks later...

You will love the Jolly Pirate ship, we took 6 kids, ages 14 - 18, the snorkeling was great, really nice to see a real shipwreck. We also were able to jump off the side of the boat and they had a rope swing too. It was the best part of our spring break last year!

We did the Jolly Pirate with our daughter that was almost 4. She had a great time and talked about it for months after the trip. The only downside was that she took an oath to be a pirate and decided that was what she wanted to be when she grew up. :D

Archived