questions from an excited first time cruiser

luvtogoplaces

Don't worry about a thing. If you want to tip go ahead. If you have problems don't go to the purser's office or desk. Write to the hotel manager or the Staff Captain and you will get a quick and honest reply.

Please take the advice on this formum with a grain of salt. I have been on over 90 cruises and when I do go on a line like NCL, not the best and not the worst, I assume nothing and never return disappointed.

Mike

Hi. I've just booked my first cruise on the NCL Jewel to Florida and Bahamas (8/10). I'm REALLY looking forward to my first cruise and I have a few questions:

1) I will be traveling with my 2 sons (ages 9 and 12). Will my boys enjoy the kids club?

2) Should I tip the staff on the kids club everyday or at the end of the cruise? How much?

3) I plan to tip extra if I receive excellent dinning service. Should I tip if the service is simply good? I understand NCL charges a daily service fee per person anyway.

3) How long do the shows in the Stardust Theatre last?

4) Are all the shows in the Stardust Theatre appropriate for children. I'm afraid the comedian will tell dirty jokes.

5) What drinks are included in the meals? I know ice tea, coffee and water are free. What about milk for the kids?

6) Are unsweetened ice teas served on board (such as Nestea, Lipton or Raspberry icetea)?

7) Can anyone offer tips regarding pool use? Best time to use the pool?

8) Best places for breakfasts? I read that the Garden Buffet is very crowded in the morning.

9) I've booked a balcony room which has a couch that turns into a bed. What size bed will it be?

I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions later....Thanks in advance for those who will respond!!!!!:)

Welcome! I'm sure you will enjoy your trip My family cruised the Med in 2008 my son was 14 at the time he slept on the pull out bed/couch he was quite comfortable. It was probably the width of a full size bed. As far as the ice tea goes you could probably get those little packets from Lipton or Crystal Light and mix into ice water, if you don't like the tea onboard. Joe enjoyed the kids club and we barely saw him when on the ship! Your boys will fit in right off if you bring them up and introduce them to whomever runs the program. Joe insisted he would not be interested boy that was a wrong assumption. On sailing days the deck chairs tend to fill up quick and early but I found this to be a bad habit of people dumping their crap on a bunch of chairs and then taking off for whatever leaving their stuff on the chairs. Can be a bit annoying no real good answer there...sorry. I brought a power strip because outlets are at a premium in the cabins helpful when you have stuff to plug in like camera chargers ipod chargers etc. An over the door storage type cosmetic bag or shoe holder is good for the bathroom to store cosmetics, deodorant shampoo etc. Try to have fun!!! and again welcome!:D

Archived