Mexican Riviera - Telephone calls to U.S.??

dixiedog

HI , we have been to Mexico on 4 cruises and stayed at Cabo for a week and my advice is just wait until you get to Mexico you can buy there phone cards anywhere and they are the only ones that work with their phones , your MCI , Costco, Sams etc. cards won't work. The Mexican card cost about $10 , well worth the money. We took the MCI ones with us, NO GOOD. Just wait and buy them there. When we left if we had time left on our cards we just gave them to cruise staff or hotel staff. Have a great time.

Cori

Or, just use your cell phone. I just got my bill for our December trip and the charges were about .80-.90 cents per minute for the Mexico roaming. I have Cingular and have international calling activated (no charge). My wife has ATT and her phone worked just as well.

Gary

We just came off the Norwegian Star to Mexico. My advice for sure is-when you get off at the port of Acapulco, there is a terminal there, where they have a little phone and internet cafe upstairs. The prices there are DIRT cheap, and you can speak for ages on the phone for next to nothing, or use the computer for ages for next to nothing. (Like $4 an hour!). You will be in Acapulco for 19 hours, so you will have PLENTY of time as well!:)

Archived