Blue Lagoon Stingrays

gfmoore68

Has anyone been to the swim with the stingrays at Blue Lagoon. I have been looking at two options. This one and Backbeards. So far the Blue Lagoon Rays looks to be more upclose.

Aslo the is a scuba trip offered by Liquid adventers in the Ble lagoon. Do you also get to see stingrays upclose here.

I am gald there is a place like this, to ask questions. Thanks for any help anyone could give.

I know for a while, the stingray area at the Blue Lagoon was closed due to damage from the hurricanes. There website stated that they would hope re-open in January. I haven't checked it out lately, but I haven't seen anyone commenting on it lately either, so I'm not sure they're up and running yet.

Karen

I just was at Blackbeards 2 weeks ago and if petting the sting rays isn't close enough then I can help you.

At Blackbeards, if the seas are not to rough (the day I was there they were 4-5 foot waves which is to rough) you go into the water knell down and hand feed the stingray. Since the waves were to high the day I was there they feed the stingray from the peir above and the swan around us, you could touch them as the swam by

Also they catch all of the rays each month and remove thier barbs at Blackbeards.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry been in gone for the last month. But at Blackbeards they have a "pen" about 2 acres in size enclosed off the beach, but they capture each stingray once a month and remove the stinger. And when it comes to food the rays will run into you, they do not have teeth or anything, but they feel like velvet, almost like petting a dog (that is not in water)

Archived