Star-Help with cabin selection, very specific

ellbelle

Sorry! You probably have seen this kind of post dozens and dozens of times!

Want to book the Star, category AF, however, my preferred travel agent only has six staterooms available in this category. Deck 11, three rooms on each starboard and port side ending in 02, 06 and 08. In looking at NCL's deck plans, 06 and 08 are at the stairwell and 02 appears to be under a restroom. 02 is away from the stairs so that appears to be the better option but I do not want to hear toilet flushing all day. I would rather be totally away from the stairwell and away from the pool deck above, but would like your comments and opinions before I go to another travel agent or direct to NCL.

Thanks in advance.

Cheryl

Sorry! You probably have seen this kind of post dozens and dozens of times!

Want to book the Star, category AF, however, my preferred travel agent only has six staterooms available in this category. Deck 11, three rooms on each starboard and port side ending in 02, 06 and 08. In looking at NCL's deck plans, 06 and 08 are at the stairwell and 02 appears to be under a restroom. 02 is away from the stairs so that appears to be the better option but I do not want to hear toilet flushing all day. I would rather be totally away from the stairwell and away from the pool deck above, but would like your comments and opinions before I go to another travel agent or direct to NCL.

Thanks in advance.

Cheryl

Have you tried doing a mock booking at ncl.com

After you enter your data, a few staterooms will be listed, followed by a box to requet a specific room. Enter the rooms ou want to see if they are available.

Have you tried doing a mock booking at ncl.com

After you enter your data, a few staterooms will be listed, followed by a box to requet a specific room. Enter the rooms ou want to see if they are available.

I did that just now and you are correct, it would allow me to put in a specific stateroom. The default cabins on NCL are the same ones my travel agent gave me and also a search on Yahoo travel the exact cabins were listed as available. There must be a "method to their madness", I'll think I'll email my travel agent and request a specific cabin. I was under the impression that those were the cabins the agent committed to, but that does not appear to be the case.

Thanks for your help.

Cheryl

The category AG cabins are the same - just farther back on the ship. We had the last one in the aisleway and it was extremely quiet.

OceanDreaming (like your avatar, that's my motto too!) Thanks for the tip, I will email my TA tomorrow to request this category. NCL does not even list as an option but worth a try.

Cheryl

Archived