Pre-paid gratuities

buckirj1

This was discussed in one of the MTD threads, but I thought it deserved its own thread, mostly because I'm confused.:o

Do pre-paid gratuities only apply to dining gratuities in RCCL parlance, and not apply to cabin staff? On other lines, you pay one lump sum in the beginning for all cruise staff,and you're done (unless, of course, you wish to tip above and beyond). It works great!

I'd hate to go back to the old system where you'd have to keep track of all those silly envelopes.

I hope one of you can enlighten me.

This was discussed in one of the MTD threads, but I thought it deserved its own thread, mostly because I'm confused.:o

Do pre-paid gratuities only apply to dining gratuities in RCCL parlance, and not apply to cabin staff? On other lines, you pay one lump sum in the beginning for all cruise staff,and you're done (unless, of course, you wish to tip above and beyond). It works great!

I'd hate to go back to the old system where you'd have to keep track of all those silly envelopes.

I hope one of you can enlighten me.

When you prepay your gratuities for MTD that covers everyone. Your cabin steward and asst. steward, everyone. So one lump sum at the beginning and your are done, and yes it works great!

When you prepay your gratuities for MTD that covers everyone. Your cabin steward and asst. steward, everyone. So one lump sum at the beginning and your are done, and yes it works great!

Thank you! Someone said differently in another thread, and it didn't sound right. I also checked RCCL's website, which I should have done in the first place. I appreciate you setting me straight. The Jewel's back in the running!

Thank you! Someone said differently in another thread, and it didn't sound right. I also checked RCCL's website, which I should have done in the first place. I appreciate you setting me straight. The Jewel's back in the running!

I love the Radiance class ships (Jewel is one of those)!! Enjoy your cruise!!

Archived