R524 on Crown Princess... lots of questions

sirwired

I got GTY'd from a BG to this BB cabin for the 1/23 sailing. For our previously scheduled trip (which I had to move), I had the BC R710.

The last cabin was underneath the buffet, and everything I could find said that the noise from the deck above was not bad, as R710 is underneath Cafe Caribe.

This cabin, is approx. underneath the entrance from the Lido Pool to the Horizon Court.

Now, the questions:

Will a white noise machine be enough to counteract the noise that I have read about from the Lido deck? We are neither heavy nor light sleepers. According to the deck plan, there shouldn't be any chairs overhead, but there will certainly be a lot of people there, since it the entrance to the buffet.

Without cancelling and re-booking, is there a way to get into another cabin? I would be willing to pay for an upgrade.

This cabin is marked on the plan as a "can accomodate third person"... how does that work? Will it keep the steward from pushing the beds together?

How much noise will there be from the pool deck above on the balcony? I was hoping to do the Ultimate Balcony Dining option during the cruise.

I'm a little worried about this cabin, but I'm not sure what I can do about it, if anything.

SirWired

Without canceling and re-booking, is there a way to get into another cabin? I would be willing to pay for an upgrade. Ask whomever you are booked with. A good TA could likely do something if the ship is not full. If booked directly, ask Princess.

This cabin is marked on the plan as a "can accommodate third person"... how does that work? Will it keep the steward from pushing the beds together? Third bed is a couch or Pullman. Not to worry, beds can go together.

How much noise will there be from the pool deck above on the balcony? I was hoping to do the Ultimate Balcony Dining option during the cruise. You will get some noise. That's why that cabin is available. No good TA or frequent cruiser would pick it with others available.

I'm a little worried about this cabin, but I'm not sure what I can do about it, if anything.

We sailed on the CB last Feb. and were on the Riviera deck. We had an inside cabin...515 maybe...and we heard ZERO noise from above. We too were concerned about being directly beneath the pool deck. During sailaway I went back to our cabin to get something didn't detect much noise, if any. I wouldn't worry about it.

Archived