Scooter rental in Roatan ??

DistantDreamz

Hi there everyone.

I was just wondering if anybody has rented a scooter in Roatan from the cruise port before. If so where from, how much and was your experience with driving there ok. It does seem safer to rent a scooter in Roatan to places like Cozumel, Puerto Limon and Colon !!. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Sailing...

Pip.

Hi there everyone.

I was just wondering if anybody has rented a scooter in Roatan from the cruise port before. If so where from, how much and was your experience with driving there ok. It does seem safer to rent a scooter in Roatan to places like Cozumel, Puerto Limon and Colon !!. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Sailing...

Pip.

Try Captain Van's: http://captainvans.com/ They will pick you up at the dock and drive you to the scooters. IMO, a great way to avoid the craziness around the pier (taxis, tour vans, people, etc.)

We've never rented from them, but their scooters were in like-new shape when we were there last Thanksgiving. We shopped in their store for T-shirts/hats, etc. and they were quite friendly. Then again, it could've been the Java La-La's we had at the Cool Beans coffee shop in the same center. (For those of you that have tried Roatan's famous Monkey La-La drinks -- kahlua, baileys, coconut, etc -- imagine them with a couple shots of espresso! Addicting, we had 'em every morning during our week-long stay.)

Both businesses are located just off West Bay Beach behind the Mayan Princess on the main road.

I hope this helps...and thanks for helping me remember a favorite Thanksgiving memory of Roatan from last year!

Archived