What do to in NYC for a couple hours?

jonmar

How about a quick trip across the bridge to South St Seaport and see the Christmas Tree they have there. They just lit it yesterday. There are stores there and a food court in the mall or restaurants. You can also walk around lower manhattan without the crush of people leaving work.

Denise

Checking into the Marriott Brooklyn Bridge tomorrow around 4. Being Sunday evening, can anyone suggest any good sightseeing options for 4 adults and 1 child. Just looking for something for a couple hours. Thanks.

walk to the Brooklyn Promenade http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooklyn_Heights,_Brooklyn

http://nymag.com/listings/attraction/brooklyn_heights_promenade/

....its across the park and then down Montague street. Its the quintessential picture that you get of downtown NY and the Statue of Liberty....great at Sunset...too bad you aren't there today as they are doing a boat parade(i'll post a link later)...

have dinner at http://nymag.com/listings/restaurant/teresas01/

an old style NY restaurant(inexpensive and good hearty food)....

while South Street seaport is nice its a Rose Development....

Checking into the Marriott Brooklyn Bridge tomorrow around 4. Being Sunday evening, can anyone suggest any good sightseeing options for 4 adults and 1 child. Just looking for something for a couple hours. Thanks.

Every time I go to NYC, I make a point to go to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. You could definitely kill a few hours there, but you may want to check the hours of operation.

If you are willing to make your way over to the opposite side of Manhattan, the Circle Line has several different harbor cruises offered of different lengths. Next to the pier is the air craft carrier Intrepid with the Concorde on display as well. You might also be able to take a NYC Water taxi to the pier. Enjoy your stay and your cruise.

Every time I go to NYC, I make a point to go to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. You could definitely kill a few hours there, but you may want to check the hours of operation.

the Met closes Sunday at 5:30. A cab without traffic will take 30-45 minutes. Public Mass Transit will take 45 minutes to an hour. If they get to the Hotel at 4 it doesn't leave much time.

Same thing with the circle line at this time of year. doesn't leave after 12:30 pm....

November 2-December 31, 2009

12:30pm

The Intrepid museum closes Sunday at 5.

Archived