Conquest Veteran's Cruisers Help - Taxi Cab Question

sbnuggie

Howdy to all of you veteran Conquest Cruisers I need a little help. Tried doing a search over on the gulf departures board but couldn't find the information I was looking for so I come to the general carnival board for help.

I have our pre-cruise transportation nailed down finally but now turning to post cruise transportation issues. We are a family of 6 and need transportation from Galveston Port to Hobby airport. I know that Carnival charges $30pp and have been on Galveston.com and got quotes from the various limo companies but we were wondering about cab fares. I've seen a couple of quotes for about $90 - 110 for a cab, flat fee to go from cruise port to Hobby. But what I haven't seen is what type of cab is it and was hoping someone could tell me if they have seen or know of "mini-van" type of cab which would work for the 6 of us.

When I think of cab I think of the standard 4 door sedan. But if I could get a cab which would seat 6 (i.e. Chevy Astro Van/Toyota Sienna Minivan) that would be awesome and far more economical at approx $100 flat fee versus the $180 we would be looking at to take a shuttle from Galveston. I see cab companies here at Sac International with these types of cabs so I figured there had to be some at the Galveston Cruise Terminal on Debarkation Day.

So...any of you veteran conquest cruisers seen them and even know the name of the company I could call. Thanks again.

Good Call...just went online, turns out you can get a van for a flat fee of $100 on super shuttle, the only thing I don't know is the car seat situation, they have a warning but say to call for details. A lot more economical then the shuttles thats for sure, one of our kids will be 4.5 yrs old at the time so this may work.

On the Veteran's cruise, Al got shuttles for $100 per shuttle each way. Most had 9/10 people it it, so it was about $10 apiece, but it would still be a savings for six, and not so crowded. That was the Super Shuttle. You need to call them for the return trip from the ship asap, because it is a 45 minute drive and they don't come till you call so for an early flight it could be nerve racking. Good luck and enjoy.

Archived