Snorkel trip with a non-snorkeler?

Marietta

3 of us are looking to go snorkling in Cozumel. One of us does NOT swim but would like to go along. Can anyone recommend a glass bottom boat or something that would maybe include the non swimmer? Would he have to pay the full price? We have our own snorkel equipment, so a price break there would be nice...

Thanks for any suggestions!

3 of us are looking to go snorkling in Cozumel. One of us does NOT swim but would like to go along. Can anyone recommend a glass bottom boat or something that would maybe include the non swimmer? Would he have to pay the full price? We have our own snorkel equipment, so a price break there would be nice...

Thanks for any suggestions!

there are glass bottom boats at San Miguel/daowntown Pier, they can take you to the reefs to snorkel and charge $30 or so per person

I might suggest Chankanab or Paradise Beach. Chankanab has snorkling right from the shore and Paradise has snorkle boat trips from pier. Your friend can then enjoy sitting on the beach or just wading in close to shore to cool down...

Thanks for the suggestions.

I was looking at Dzul Ha and the Money Bar. They say they have glass bottom kayaks for rent. That might be real cool for him. Has anyone done this? Any ideas of how hard they would be to manuver?

Just my opinion and total guess, not knowing your friend...but I am gonna assume one reason for being a non-swimmer is an uneasiness around the water. If so, I think the Kayak is not a great plan. They take some balance and real comfort with the thought of getting in the water. (They also can take alot of work...and awkward for us older folk to sit in)

But if he is fine in the water with a life jacket, then yea - they can be fun.

was looking at a glass bottom boat excursion w/snorkeling. Really just wanted the boat and a swim. Can these be a "walk up" type offering, or are reservations in advance a must. Only saw the glass bottom boat offering as NOT a rccl offering, but private from Island Marketing.

First time cruiser.

Since time is so limited off ship (and only in each of 2 ports for a day), I thought best to take short sightseeing and enjoy the towns???????????

dna1990 - Thank you! I never thought about that. My mom said he was okay in a glass bottomed boat in FL, so I just thought this would be the perfect answer. Maybe not. :o Oh well, maybe we'll do one of the $30 boat tours, but that just seams a waste to spend $120 when two of us have our own gear and one will not go in the water.

I forget your other plans, but before a final decision - call or eMail EagleRayDivers and ask specific for Chellie. If there is anyone who could maybe arrange something for everyone in your group and make it affordable, she can. Mention you have gear (although we now only take masks and snorkle due to weight restriction on airlines).

Are you going to Cayman too? Maybe your non-swimmer would like the stingray tour (waist deep water on sandbar) and then maybe a second stop for snorkeling...Look at NativeWay or MobyDick Tours...

We are going to caymen, but no one else wants to do the stingrays. I think we'll just do a land tour (go to hell and back, turtle farm) and then go to Eden Rock / Paradise Restaurant. I was really hoping I could find something in Coz that everyone could do together and have fun. Glass bottom kayak rental and good, free shore snorkeling - I thought I had found the perfect day but I don't think he'll enjoy it if it's not stable. The rest of us were all raised in the water, so we just don't really understand what it's like to not swim. I'll look up Eagle Ray Divers and see what he wants to do. I don't like leaving him out and sitting on shore. None of us are really beach people and I couldn't imagine sitting there by myself while everyone else was out having fun...

Archived