Quick Review Navigator 1/2/05

Sadly my Flyers are idle this year....but AHL hockey is an alternative.

I used both a digital and film camera. The underwater photos were taken with an old Cannon waterproof camera with 800 ASA speed film. I bought it 10 years ago after I ruined several cameras at the beach with sand. It takes great pictures in and out of the water. The other pictures were taken with an Olympus Stylus 400 digital on high quality setting. The maximum resolution for this camera is 4 megapixles. I am a snapshot guy, but these pictures did come out well.

Again thanks to all.

Here are a couple of photos I uploaded of the cruise if you are interested. http://www.olympus.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?showSlide=true&Uc=acrubwf.12jwkbrz&Uy=85sz21&Ux=0

You have some great pictures. My question is what kind of camera did you use for the underwater shots? They were wonderful!

Edit:nevermind. I see the answer above my post. Sorry.

• 1 month later...

HockeyDad.. Again. bravo for your reply on dresscode!! It should be permanently posted under the FAQs!

I am very interested in your opionions/comparisons between Summit and Navigator.

My husband and I had a Celebrity Suite abouard the Summit in 11/02 (Was it THAT long ago!?!) and loved it. However, for our next cruise we will be taking our 9 year old son along and thought he would enjoy the Nvaigator much more (Family cruise vs romantic adult cruise idea..)

For example, I never felt crowded on Summit, but did on Voyager.. How was NOS in this regard?

How about the rooms? Were they nice? We have a Grand Suite booked, but know it will not compare... but we would at least want to feel it is a "nice room" for 3...

Did you dine at Chops? Was it good? Akin to Mortons or more a local steakhouse?

Any other compare and contrasts you may wish to offer would be most welcome..

And keep up the imtelligent, well mannered pots!!

Thanks HockeyDad for putting a continuing flamer in perspective. On the Vision in January an adjoining table had 3 couples in their early 20's. The first formal night the one guy showed up in jeans & T-shirt. Matre-De came up to their table & had a quiet word with them, they left and did not return that evening. Next formal night he was in a button down shirt and slacks... so I think there are times when RCI does work at the dress codes. We for one were very glad to see that happen.:cool:

Well stated Hockey Dad. People certainly have the attitude "I'm on vacation, I paid for it, I can do whatever I want", if they were at an all inclusive resort, they would not come to dinner in shorts and tank tops. When we first started cruising (in 1976) the maitre 'd would stop people from coming into the dining room if they were not dressed properly. Also, one in cutoffs and a tanktop and baseball cap on backwards, seems to behave quite differently than someone in a suit and tie. By the way, why do guys have to wear ballcaps inside?? Never did understand that.

Archived