Non-alcoholic champagne?

mehitabel

I'm thinking of ordering the Grand Romance package for our cruise, but I'm curious about the "non-alcoholic" champagne that comes with it. My husband and I can't have alcohol at all--is the version they provide like sparkling grape juice (which would be fine), or like O'Doul's beer or Fre wine (which has trace amounts of alcohol and would NOT be fine)? Would they possibly substitute a bottle of sparkling water instead?

Thanks for any replies.

Just call them and ask exactly what is in the package. If it is anything with a trace of alcohol just ask for the sparkling water. I am sure that they would be more than happy to accommodate you!

If you can't have any alcohol at all you may want to make sure that you make it known to the kitchen through the special needs department. Some of the food items are cooked in wine or it is placed in the deserts. Just let them know of your restriction and they will ensure you don't have any served to you.

Enjoy your cruise!

DH and I had a suite last summer (special deal - lower cost than a JS) and I tried my best to get them to give us some diet coke instead of the "suite amenity" bottle of wine. I explained that we couldn't drink anything alcoholic. Their solution was to substitute a bottle of "alcohol free" wine which I ended up returning for the same reason mentioned above. "Alcohol free" wine isn't alcohol free. It's just something that no one notices or thinks about unless you happen to be someone that can't have it. (Yes, I realize that the cruise line had good intentions.)

Wish I knew who to contact to say that it would be nice if some sort of totally alcohol free alternative was available.

Archived