last minute bookings benefits?

cruisethree

I just called Roberts about the Waimea Canyon/Fern Grotto tour on 2/18. I wanted to know if there were other families as I had a 5 year old and it was a long tour. They told me it was way too early and call back early Feb. I also was told by Fairwinds in Maui to call them a day or 2 ahead, find out the weather for snorkeling at the Crater.

I was just looking at Helicopter tours and many of the reviews were good so I thought I should just wait until we are at Kauai and decide then and see the prices.

Can anyone give me feedback on deals in Kauai on helicopter tours they got at the pier?

Ren

I certainly could be wrong, but I did not see anyone selling tours at the pier in Kauai in December. I think the vans allowed into the port area come to pick up pre-booked passengers.

We took a helicopter flight on the last day and had booked it months in advance. Another couple with a baby on the flight said they'd just booked theirs the day before. But they HAD pre-booked.

The pilot told us that they won't go out unless they have at least 5 passengers. So I'd guess that you might be able to get a deal by calling on Thursday to see if there are any seats available for Friday.

We used Island Helicopters. They had an internet special if you paid cash ($176 each). islandhelicopters.com You can check to see if it is still offered. I bought a VCR tape of a flight for only $2. (they were out of the DVD version, but it can be ordered on line, I understand). They provided transportation to and from the pier.

Archived