Wine

nseagirl

Is it cheaper to buy a bottle of wine on board, or to order one ahead of time through Bon Voyage gifts?

I don't think the wine you get in the gift is that high in quality? Maybe someone that has purchased it can speak to that. We got a bottle of champagne and it wasn't very good. As to prices? Check the wine price list on the NCL Web site.

I would suggest bringing your favorite bottle of wine on board with you and just paying the $15 corkage fee...

i agree, definitely bring your own....

the wine selection on the NCL Spirit wasn't bad but very expensive.

i recognzied many bottles that i had at home (i have about 200+ bottles of wine in my cellar all range of prices).

Quintessa Cab $125 retail $199 onboard plus 17% automatic gratuity.

Vueve Cliquot Brut Yellow Label $50 retail $90 onboard plus 17% gratuity.

Whitehall Lane Cab $55 retail about $100 onboard plus 17% gratuity.

the list goes on and on....

$15/ bottle corkage fee. (well worth it)

Ok, that's what I'll do. Is there somewhere to leave it prior to being allowed into my stateroom? or do I lug it around with me?

You can leave it in your carry on luggage which they have a set place on every cruise.

You may also want to bring a bottle or two to lunch and have them "check" it for you if you don't finish the whole thing.

Also your siggie doesn't show where you are sailing, but if it is in Europe forget about carrying on wine and paying corkage. Seems like the policy is different in Europe.

PS--I cannot get the Wine list to load from the ncl site--does anyone have a recent copy?

i agree, definitely bring your own....

the wine selection on the NCL Spirit wasn't bad but very expensive.

i recognzied many bottles that i had at home (i have about 200+ bottles of wine in my cellar all range of prices).

Quintessa Cab $125 retail $199 onboard plus 17% automatic gratuity.

Vueve Cliquot Brut Yellow Label $50 retail $90 onboard plus 17% gratuity.

Whitehall Lane Cab $55 retail about $100 onboard plus 17% gratuity.

the list goes on and on....

$15/ bottle corkage fee. (well worth it)

That's pretty consistent with the other ncl wine lists I've seen published. Mark-ups of a bit under 100% of retail. That's better than most restaurant wine lists, where you are looking at 200% of retail.

Really, it means the $15 corkage is not necessarily worthwhile on moderately priced wines. Wines that you bought at retail for under $25. But for retail wines of $30-$40 or more, seems you are better off paying corkage.

Really, the next question, would they be willing to decant an older vintage that you bring, or simply uncork it?

Archived