Azura naming/ visits

Johnthed0g

Yeeha....!:p

Got my invite email this afternoon, invite in the post.

Sue - No 12 poster (reserve)

Sue

I also saw your report about only, 1200 people being invited, and the glittering occasion taking place on the top deck of Azura. I understand from somebody who contacted me from P&O Head Office, there will be people flying in for the occasion, from all parts of the world. Should be a very prestigious occasion, cannot wait, but I have the small thing of a cruise to Egypt & Israel to get through first.:):);)

Please stay with the subject and please do not post comments that are ad hominem in nature.

Thanks.

I posted this request in late January and it apparently has not been understood.

Here's an excerpt from the linked article on the notion of ad hominem:

One of the most common non-rational appeals is an argumentum ad hominem--or, as the Latin phrase suggests, an "argument against the person" (and not against the ideas he or she is presenting). Our decisions should be based on a rational evaluation of the arguments with which we are presented, not on an emotional reaction to the person or persons making that argument. But because we often react more strongly to personalities than to the sometimes abstract and complex arguments they are making, ad hominem appeals are often very effective with someone who is not thinking critically. Consider a few examples:

• A political candidate is gaining support by proposing a tax change. So her opponent argues that the candidate herself would be one of the chief beneficiaries of that tax change.
  • Your doctor tells you to lose some weight. But why should you listen to a doctor who is himself overweight?
  • A friend has recommended a new investment opportunity, but your significant other rejects the recommendation with the remark, "How could you possibly value the advice of that idiot?"

In each of these cases, there is an argument (concerning taxes, health, or investments); and in each, the argument is given less importance than something about the person making that argument. And that's what is wrong with ad hominem appeals. After all, if the tax proposal is an improvement, if the medical diagnosis is sound, if the investment opportunity is worthwhile--then what difference does it make who is presenting the argument--or even why?....

The thread will be closed if the back & forth discussion of the characteristics of Cruise Critic members does not stop.

Thanks for your understanding and anticipated cooperation.

Congrats and well done to those who were invited and we hope you have a wonderful time. Unfortunately the inappropriate posts have not abated despite both my requests so I'm really sorry to have to close this thread to any further activity.

Archived