Dietary Requirements - Halal

schrodinga

• 4 months later...

Hi there, my husband and I are booked on the Celebrity Millenium in October and have made a halal request thru our travel agent and are awaiting their reply ... were they able to accomodate you?

Hi there

No, we were advised that they only provide halal for cruises in the middle east. We're due to cruise the caribbean next week, so it will be fish and veg for us!

Chances are they would struggle to find non-halal meat in the middle east, so I'm not sure they are actually sourcing halal per se. If your cruising the med, you may have better luck particularly if there are stops in Egypt, Turkey, etc.

I'd be interested in hearing if you're told any different.

S x

While on board Celebrity mentioned that no kosher food is made in their kitchens, rather, they are pre-packaged and brought on board for the specific guest that requested them. Perhaps some of the kosher menu might fit you halal requirements? I hope that they are able to meet your needs.

Hi LSP2005

Unfortunately my partner would not eat kosher food. Whilst the manner in which the animal is slaughtered is very similar, the definition of what is kosher or halal differs, as to does the religious blessing that is given at the time of the slaughter.

For example Halal rules substances must not contain alcohol of any kind, whilst Kashrut allows alcohol as long as it is Kosher. In slaughter the vessels severed/fats removed are different and Dhabiha (method of slaughter an animal in Islam) requires God's name pronounced before, whilst Dhabiĥa does not mention God.

It probably doesn't seem that important in the grand scheme of things, but to my partner it is.

S x

Archived