BCH beach question

mlredman2

Hi. For anyone who's stayed at the British Colonial Hilton, is the bottom of the ocean in that area sandy or rocky? Can you swim out pretty far? Thanks. :)

BCH is on the harbour, not open waters.

The bottom is sandy, and somewhat shallow. Depending on the tide, you can be up to your waist for quite a distance.

The area is roped off for your protection from boats/jetskis/ etc (as are most all of the hotel beaches).. you can't go very far.

I wouldn't recommend going any distance from shore in waters that are unfamiliar. We have undertows, riptides and sink holes here.

Please be safe.

• 2 weeks later...

We were at the BCH beach just this week. The beach area is nice and clean. The bottom is sandy but seems to slope away quite quickly, so that only a few strides out I was already almost waist deep. I'm not a good swimmer, so I chose to swim in the pool instead of the ocean. Actually the sea was very cold - so the heated pool was a much nicer choice.

We did enjoy a very relaxing day there - I can recommend it.

Archived