Sailaway from Hong Kong party - QM2

outback-aussie

Hi all, who knows of the best place to be on QM2 when we sail from Hong Kong? Is there a defined party area, or perhaps a bar? Given that we have all jumped through a few hoops to stay in front of the ever changing embarkation point [see thread on this board] a small celebration as we, with a sigh of relief, wave farewell to HKG seems to be in order. Any suggestions?:p

Cheers

outback-aussie

Hi again Outback Aussie

There is always a sail away party. Weather permitting its usually on the back decks, I get confused between the QV and the QM2 sometimes but on QM2 I think the back decks are tiered so the party sort of goes over multiple levels? And yes there are bars and drink service and they will be walking around selling special cocktails for sailaway. It will probably be a bit different because we are leaving earlier but last time I was on QM2 the sailway from HKG was amazing as we went through the harbour while the evening light show was on. I watched it all from my balcony - a fantastic place to be! One good thing about us leaving earlier is that we can watch sailaway without having to worry about rushing off to get ready for dinner.

By the way, slightly off-topic, I tried to find info on the Qantas $57 transfer you mentioned but couldnt find it on the QF site. Do you have a link?

I look forward to meeting you onboard,

Cheers

Timmi, Callum and Imogen

Hi Timtammi, here is the link

http://qantas.isango.com/Search.aspx?RegionID=7907&RatingID=120

When I booked today, I only needed to pay AU$43 for the both of us :):)

Currency fluctuations I guess.

There is a dialogue box for Special Requests, I put this in:

Special Request

We need to go to the Marriott Hotel, 1 Sky City Road East, International Airport to register and book in for our cruise on Queen Mary 2.

Dare say there will be a number of people arranging transfers to the Marriott - I have requested for (around) 8am, considering pickup may be a little late and peak hour traffic for the getting-to-work-on-Saturday crowd, we should get to the Marriott around 9am. Perfect.

One step closer to that boarding ramp ...

Cheers

Anita

Archived