Are Passports Required in Caribbean Ports of Call?

Have you already been on the caribbean cruise or are you talking in general about no passports required. We have done other cruises & haven't required them but I thought I read somewhere you need them in the caribbean?

Did the caribbean last year with OV ,and we never needed them when we went to all the different islands

mrs.c

Hi,

The only place we've taken our passports ashore was Egypt so the policeman chap could see we had a visa stamp in the back. And really all he was interested in was that each of us had a stamped passport. I could have gone ashore with yours .

And all the North Americans have been going for years around the Caribbean without passports.

Berwyn

Can I just say that we always carry photocopies of the 'important page' of our passports with us when ashore anywhere....just in case!!

Good point Jenny,

I forgot that. We do too, I know it's no legal use but it might help.

Another tip I saw was to photocopy it and email it to yourself. Then if you were stuck and had internet access you could retrieve the details.

Berwyn

We were advised via the ship's newspaper that on a couple of the islands (can't remember which) photographic ID needed to be carried at all times. We have photocopies of our passports which we take with us. At no time were we actually required to show it to any one.

Carol x

Archived