A cabin crawl?

2010_cruisers

Your CC group (or any group of friends) goes from one cabin booked by the group to the next. Mostly to see the difference in categories. Often times those having their cabin visited will provide drinks or snacks for others who come to see their cabin.

Other things we have heard are:

- some people player poker for $$ and then they go on to the next cabin

- some go from one bar to the next one on the ship, just drinking

- some divide bigger groups into smaller ones, and you go with your group and some are asked to offer snacks, some to offer drinks, and some to just be silly

- some are more 'adult-based' and prone for more swingers or adventurous types

OK....that my input - if anyone else wants to jump in or chatter with your experiences, please do so.

leagle. HI.

***** Before I got into this....I have heard of some strange arrangements and some wild.....below are just a bit of the more conservative ones, however; one very accommodating cabin crawl I have heard about - was it was each and every cabins customs to buy the drinks for that group, until they got to the next one...(meaning that if they had 7 cabins to go to, whatever order they went to, was that person buy of the drinks). One a very adult-cruise I heard the hospitality was more about....exotic or erotic offerings and where - more seduction, massages, exchanges...etc (and had nada to do with the drinks.snacks..) the darn couples/singles/individuals were the entertainment (in a polite way of speaking).

Moving on.............................

Well, drinks are provided by each patron/cabin mate...some have their own bottles of wine...on some cruises people buy buckets of beer, and some just bring up their drinks (from drink of the day). I also heard soem cruises allow you to have hard-lquor - so you cna mix your own.

About the snacks...some buy from with gifts/gear (or pre-baording services_ cheese plates to chocolate covered strawberries. I also heard of people having a small stash of items they keep from lunch...from the buffet...just a nice assortment to share or alate night snack.

hmmmmm..the more expensive staterooms have differing services also - some with drinks provided and snacks and some suites ....can have it all.

Regardless, it is abotu checking otu the cabins, learning a bit, making friends and getting your drink on...(lol) well having a better time.

Hope this grabs your fancy.....hmmm, whem is your next cruise...if you head out in March...I'll make sure you are well taken care of.

Cheers.

Anyone else have anything to say or offer..........fill us in, thanks.

i've been on 2 with the singles cruise company that advertises here. the people in the singles group who do this bring along a bottle of wine. carnival allows you to bring 1 bottle with you. the night of the cabin crawl [usually the last or 2nd to last night] several cabins sign up to be the hosts. groups are formed and some people go to cabin number 1, some to 2 and so on and then you move around visiting the rooms in order. the way it seemed to work best imho is you hold onto your bottle and when you get to a cabin you share some of yours and get some from everyone else. the time they wanted us to leave our wine at the 1st cabin and you'd have the wine left at the 2nd cabin and so on as you moved around but it didn't work. some people didn't bring wine and some others really soaked the stuff up. usually there is one party animal or someone with a suite cabin and everyone eventually ends up there. since room service is usually free except for the tip the rooms often end up ordering a ton of sandwiches and party trays. its lots of fun. usually a few people drink way too much and everyone is spilling out into the halls and making too much noise.

ships often have their own version of cabin crawls. maybe something like advertising 4 drinks in the 4 bars for $25 during a day at sea at a certain time. well, what can happen is some of the people are lightweights and by the last bar there are untouched drinks for the group. i got absolutely skunked on the one i was on but somehow i didn't embarrass myself or fall overboard.

• 4 months later...

We did a poker cabin crawl on FOS this passed Feb 2010. Everyone paid $5 to play and we drew a card at each room (5 cabins, all diff categories). Whoever had the best poker hand at the end of the game got all the cash! One of the teens in the group won the $$. It was great. Very low key and very little effort. Nothing fancy or funky or risky. Took @ 30 mins bcs the cabins were all over the ship. Fun times and all you needed was a piece of paper, a pen, a deck of cards, and an honest person to hold the cash!

One a very adult-cruise I heard the hospitality was more about....exotic or erotic offerings and where - more seduction, massages, exchanges...etc (and had nada to do with the drinks.snacks..) the darn couples/singles/individuals were the entertainment (in a polite way of speaking).

Just FYI, I've heard of such things occurring at various other events/conventions, etc. They are typically called "cuddle parties" from what I understand. However, I think these would probably be more likely to occur with a group traveling together that kind of expects/is open to these types of things.

That concept aside, I liked the idea of being able to see some of the other cabin categories, and I could see how those with suites or larger cabins certainly might end up being where everyone lands eventually to hang out. The poker $ pool idea is pretty cool, and I wonder if maybe a scavenger hunt might be an interesting concept as well.

Archived