hotel barcelona universal

Flowrider

hi everyone, has anyone stayed in the hotel barcelona universal recently? are the beds confortable? i like a matress on the hard side but not concrete hard, is it clean? is the neighborhood ok for walking at night? how would it compare to the hotel jazz if anyone has stayed at both? are there places near the hotel for a light breakfast? we are planning on going on the first days of decembre for 4 nights pre-cruise.

any opinions would be great.

thank you

I have not stayed there (may I suggest reading the reviews on tripadisor.com -- a sister site to this one -- if you have not already done so). The location is not great but it will be easy to get to the various tourist sites .. many by foot with a bit of a walk; other by public transportation or taxi.

Barcelona is a reasonably safe city (much safer than any U.S. city of similar size) by pickpocketing and purse snatching has been raised to an art form there. I would feel perfectly safe walking in the area near your hotel.

Catalan breakfast is minimal (coffee and a biscuit or small pastry) but you will not have any problem finding more substantial fare

Archived