Trunk Bay Question

deecruzer

I am visiting St. Thomas in September and want to go to St. John's this time. I am still debating between doing it myself or the ships' excursion where I do not have to worry about ferry schedules and taxis. This gives me 90 minutes on the beach. Im not sure if this is enough time. Are there beach chairs and umbrellas for rent? This is really important to one person in our party. Thanks for your help.

I can't help you with getting there because our ship was tendered there. However, I can tell you that there are chairs and umbrellas for rent and there are also abundant trees with plenty of shade. It is a beautiful beach with all facilities (bathrooms, showers, food, equipment). We spent 4 hours there and it wasn't enough time for us!

I am visiting St. Thomas in September and want to go to St. John's this time. I am still debating between doing it myself or the ships' excursion where I do not have to worry about ferry schedules and taxis. This gives me 90 minutes on the beach. Im not sure if this is enough time. Are there beach chairs and umbrellas for rent? This is really important to one person in our party. Thanks for your help.

I am going to St John in April. This will be third visit. We will take cab from ship to Red Hook Ferry. Google Red Hook Ferry and you should be able to pull up info. Ferry takes you to St John (Cruz Bay). Lots of cabs there to take you to beaches. We go to Trunk Bay for the day. Like the Snorkel Trail and the beach is beautiful. There are bathrooms, showers, food vendor, snorkel equip vendor and I think there are beach chairs. There is a fee to enter Trunk Bay (National Park Service) Have a fun time.

Going on your own allows more time at the beach. You just need to watch your time to get back to ferry.

http://www.usvitourism.vi/stjohn/homepage

I as well, go to Trunk Bay everytime we go to St. Thomas. It is wonderful.

The first trip we took with the ship, from then on we do ourselves. There is no guess work to it. You get off the ship -- climb on to one of many taxi's to Red Hook ---- Wait for the ferry (every hour on the hour) ---- Beautiful ferry ride ---- Arrive in ST. John --- when you get off the ship there are taxi's lined up ---- they ask you where you want to go ----- you get there, pay to get in ----- Nice bathroom, nice showers, nice snack counter, lockers, rental.

when you are through ---- you are pointed to the taxi to take back to the ferry ---- Wait for the next ferry (find out times when you come over) ---take ferry ---- when you arrive, you get into the next taxi for town.

The taxi's are large enough to fit several people.

It is very easy. Have loads of fun.

I am going to be in St. Thomas in March. I am going to be with my elderly father and my disabled husband. I have decided it would be too much to take them over, so I will be forced to stay on St. Thomas. I really am looking forward to seeing the island and spending time at a beach there.

Anyway have enough fun at Trunk Bay for both of us!!!!!!!

barberesr- Thank you so much for the great step-by-step info : ) !!!

Can you tell me how much time to give yourself safley to not miss the ship and not have to rush back. Say ship leaves at 6pm and need to be back in plenty of time.

Also how much is it into Trunk Bay?

Thanks Again!

barberesr- Thank you so much for the great step-by-step info : ) !!!

Can you tell me how much time to give yourself safley to not miss the ship and not have to rush back. Say ship leaves at 6pm and need to be back in plenty of time.

Also how much is it into Trunk Bay?

Thanks Again!

We will catch the 3pm ferry back to St Thomas. Buy a round trip ferry ticket so you do not have to stand in line.

The fees are $4.00 for adults and children younger than 16 enter free. Annual passes are available at $10.00 for an individual and $15.00 for a family. Golden Age and Gold

Archived