Reading PA Snowstorm

Beach Girl

Here in the Ohio Valley we have well over 2' with drifts covering the doors of DH's truck.

DD just sent me a "*****" picture from Dallas. She is on her way from Plano to FW, the roads are already covered and they are predicting up to 4 inches today!

I am blaming this all on that damn Groundhog!

I am in West Houston...and spend part of the weekend at my ranch out South of LaGrange, TX. I wish I had a paved driveway there...its a total mud mess now...50+ head of cattle mucking it up...using the tractor to move hay around does not help the muddy mess... As it is now, I have to park by the street and walk 1/3 of a mile back to where I store the tractor in order to get things going.

I keep the Pilot out front even though it is 4wd because I prefer to NOT get it stuck in deep mud...I have stuck a trailer once...had to unhitch it from the Pilot get the tractor to pull the tractor out. So far never stuck the Pilot but don't want to have a first time... I guess though using a tractor and chains to pull it out is probably better than having to shoves snow off the driver side of the car.

My 4 wheeler is even further back towards the North end of the ranch...it can be a blast to play with... Perhaps I will bring it home to be cleaned up and get an oil change next week.

Oh well, Saturday I hope to see 2-5 more new calves out there. As cute as they can be it makes working in the mud a bit more fun.

I can't even imagine your life! But I DO think cows are freakin' adorable... :) Sounds like you work hard, though!

th_herewegoagain.jpg

Here is my street yesterday in the morning. I am about 2 miles from the northern most part of DC. The govt. has been closed for 4 days, all the museums and monuments, we have not gotten any mail since last Friday.

What? I thought the mail was rain. sleet or snow?

Archived