Excursion Price -- Book at Dock?

AuTiger7

We are booked on the Spirit in 2 weeks and have been trying to decide on this port. Did you just go to the waterfalls and back or where/whatelse did it include? We will have 3 children with us (4,2,6mths) do they charge for these ages? Does anyone else have any suggestions, excursions just taken with prices for us to look out for things or people to avoid?

Thanks for the help, it is nice to have a place to go to that other people have already experienced instead all trial and error, which we have done with pretty good luck for the most part because of the prices of the excursions off of the ship with the amount in our group generally.

ok... we had a great time at the falls, but it was very cold water. I liked taking the tour with "Go with Gus" for several reasons. The price was great!! The child price at the "door" of the falls was $4/child, but our tour guide handled this so I don't know what was said. While at the actually falls we saw the big "NCL" group....about 30 people. They left soon after we got to the falls and we had the falls all to ourselves. We then went to the "hidden falls." The 2nd set of falls was also a private tour. We had our tour guide from the falls, our tour guide from Go with Gus and our taxi driver with us the whole time. After leaving the falls, the taxi drove us around town and told us some of the history and cultural stories of the town. Our Go with Gus guide worked for tips. I would do this again in a heart beat. Book the tour at the port....much cheaper that way. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Also, the falls are pretty deep (I counldn't stand in most parts). It might be too much for your kids' ages.

Kristina

Just wanted to chime in about the waterfalls. We did them and they are very pretty. We had a large group of 22 with about half of them kids. I think it is very important to note that you really need to have watershoes and a lifevest if you plan to go into the water with children. It can be hard to get into the water and you have to climb onto rocks, so the watershoes are necessary. Also, the water had a current in somle places and was somewhat "rough" where the waterfall actually hit the water so floaties or a lifevest is best, even for children that can swim. My 9 year old daughter had a little scare in the water so if just felt it necessary to share this information.

Archived